Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pa Pa's 85th Birthday Celebration

Papa getting some love from Landon, the first great-grandchild :)

Pa looking in the mirror... doing think he knew what to think!





If Papa had done that Cowardly Lion noise, I would have had to mop up a puddle of pee. I was already laughing so hard. He really looks like the Cowardly Lion in this pic. He was totally oblivious, I think.









Great Uncle Van getting some love from Landon


The "Don" of Nash County


Papa's new hat... he's styin'... or pimpin??


Papa and his little girlfriend, Miss Doris



We recently celebrated my Papa Batchelor's 85th birthday and one of his favorite restaurants in Nashville... Town & Country, hehe! We had a good crowd of people there. My parents did such a good job putting it all together! Pa Pa calls it, "Town & Kunt'ry" so as a joke, my parents made some posters about eating at the Kunt'ry and such. He thought it was funny, so I'll just leave it at that....

Oh, my great uncle was there and he has to talk with a mechanical device because he had throat cancer. Landon & Cody were there waiting for me to get off of work so that I could meet them at the party. Well, I got a phone call from Cody saying I needed to hurry up and get there because Landon was in hysterics... he's really scared Uncle Glenn's voice. Landon is so scared of loud and weird noises. I hope he grows out of that! Any advice on how to help him overcome this? Anyway, they meet me at the drugstore and all Landon can say is, "Mama, I wanna go home!" He was NOT being a brat... he was truly terrified of Uncle Glenn's voice. We went back anyway and Landon cried so hard in the car, he threw up! Thank goodness we had an extra outfit handy. It took him a while, but Landon got ok and by the end of the night, he told Uncle Glenn "goodnight."

Well, the highlight of the night happened when my daddy got a long red wig out and put it on my Papa in various ways. It got funnier and funnier and I did pee on myself a little. I am so very glad that we had a nice birthday party for Papa.. he deserved it because he's never really had a party before. To end the night, my cousin Gray & I sang "Grandpa Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days." That was special to him. I love my Papa!!
P.S. I haven't figured out how to put the pics througout the blog post... sorry!






















No comments:

Post a Comment